Monday, September 26, 2011

Camaro Rentals and Other Rental Cars You Want to Drive

I've been renting cars for business travel and vacations for quite a while and I've come to have certain expectations regarding rental cars. Yes the car will be clean, yes it will be serviceable and it will get me from point A to point B. What I don't expect from a rental car is a memorable driving experience. Mind you I'm not complaining, it just what I've come to expect. Yes most rental car companies offer sportier cars such as the Dodge Charger or Chrysler 300 but these rentals often seem to be more modest versions of the car.

enterprise rental car

Car rental companies rent performance cars too

ENTERPRISE RENTAL

Recently I learned that many of the major rental car companies such as Avis, Budget, Enterprise and Hertz have stepped up their game and are actually renting cars that you will want to drive. So what type of autos can you rent? Models range from the Infiniti M35, to the Ford Mustang and Chevy Camaro. Avis and Budget Rent A Car even have special vehicle grouping for these types rentals (Avis Cool Cars and Budget Street Fleet).

The only drawback with renting one of these cars is that they are usually in limited supply. So don't expect to be able to walk up to the rental counter and upgrade your economy car to a 2010 Camaro. Chances are they won't have one available. The good news is rental companies usually make these cars available in areas where they are popular. So if there is a special auto you want to rent then a little planning will get you behind the wheel of your vehicle of choice.

How to find the vehicle you want

So how do you rent one of these performance cars? What worked best for me was to go to the various rental car company sites and search through their car guide for the make and model I wanted. I was interested in renting one of the new 2010 Camaros. I narrowed my choice to Avis and Budget since they carried both the Camaro LT and Camaro SS (the V8 version). I liked having the option of choosing between the LT and the higher end SS. Avis offers the Camaro in over sixty cities including Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles and New York. I was in luck since I was flying into Los Angeles and booked the Camaro.

When I got to LAX I was actually looking forward to getting to the rental car counter. The Camaro rental was definitely not a stripped down version of the auto and it totally lived up to its classic American muscle car roots. Renting a higher-end automobile will cost more but the driving experience can make it all worth it. Just remember to book early since these cars have limited availability and are definitely in demand.

Camaro Rentals and Other Rental Cars You Want to Drive

To learn more about available Avis car rentals or to see other rental cars [http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/home/home.ex?mid=article-ea] from Budget visit each rental company's car guides section.

ENTERPRISE RENTAL

0 comments:

Post a Comment